This September 11 marks the 22nd anniversary of the worst terrorist attack on American soil
Thousands of people were killed that day when a series of hijacked planes flew into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and an open field in Pennsylvania. The attack is still affecting people, with thousands facing health problems Probably associated with dust from the World Trace Center.
On Mondays, tune in to LiveNOW from FOX to watch shows from around the country
The day will begin with a sunrise ceremony organized by the Tunnel to Towers Foundation and conclude with the annual “Tribute to Light” display.
JERSEY CITY, NJ – SEPTEMBER 5: The annual Tribute in Lights illuminates the lower Manhattan skyline as it is set up to mark the 22nd anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in New York City on September 5, 2023, as seen from Jersey City, New Jersey.
this year, President Joe Biden He will celebrate the anniversary in Alaska at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage on his way back to Washington after the Asia tour.
Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband, Doug Emhoff, will participate in the annual observance at the National September 11 Memorial and Museum in Lower Manhattan.
First lady Jill Biden will lay a wreath at the 9/11 memorial at the Pentagon.
Related: 22 years after 9/11, survivors, first responders share stories of resilience, hope
September 11 Live Event
Some of the events you can watch live include:
- 6:30 am ET – Sunrise event hosted by the 9/11 Tunnel to Towers Foundation. The Tunnel to Towers Foundation will host a sunrise prayer to honor the lives lost 22 years ago. This year’s event will be held inside the newly reopened St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church at 130 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10006.
- 6:30 am ET – Flag raising
- 8:30 am ET- 9/11 Garden of Reflection in Lower Makefield, Penn. Eighteen Bucks County residents and nine from Lower Makefield were lost, including Victor Saracini, the pilot of Flight 175, the second plane to hit the World Trade Center.
- 8:30 am ET – Name reading at ground zero
- 8:46 am ET – Tolling the clock
You can watch LiveNOW from FOX for free wherever you stream from your TV to your phone to your tablet
You can find LiveNOW from FOX on FOX NOW, Amazon Freevee, Amazon News, fuboTV, LG Channel, Plex, The Roku Channel, Samsung TV Plus, Tubi, Vizio WatchFree+, Xumo, YouTube and YouTube TV.
Find more information here.
What holiday is September 11?
September 11th is not recognized as a public holiday, but it is designated as “Patriot’s Day” every year.
The White House declared Monday as Patriot Day and the National Day of Service and Remembrance.
“Today we remember the heroes who were forged in the hours, days and years that followed on that terrible morning of September 11, 2001 – ordinary Americans who displayed extraordinary courage and selflessness amid the terror, smoke and flames.” The announcement read. “Together, their bravery helped prove to our nation and the world that these terrorists could never break what they hoped to hurt most: the character of our nation.”